A step-by-step guide on how to teach young children a variety of ICT in a meaningful and creative way. This title, written by ICT experts in the early years, Prof. John Siraj-Blatchford and Dr. Alex Morgan, is a step-by-step guide on how to teach children under 8 a variety of ICT.
This book is designed to be easy to follow by even the most technophobic of readers and contains practical advice on the following:
* How to create engaging and creative activities for children in the early years using a range of ICT
* A guide to the different types of ICT available, from Bee-Bots to white boards
* How to take ICT out of the classroom, with activities to use in outdoor play sessions
* How to use ICT in role play to promote children's creativity and imagination
* What ICT skills the EYFS and Welsh Foundation Phase require early years practitioners to deliver
* Ideas and case studies on best practice in using sustained shared thinking with young children
This is a must-buy for anyone wanting meaningful and child-friendly ways of approaching ICT with children under 8.