The First Tarzan of the Apes Collection includes nine full-length novels and 12 short stories featuring Tarzan.
Tarzan (John Clayton II, Viscount Greystoke) is a fictional character, an archetypal feral child raised in the African jungle by the Mangani great apes; he later experiences civilization only to reject it and return to the wild as a heroic adventurer. Created by Edgar Rice Burroughs, Tarzan first appeared in the novel Tarzan of the Apes (magazine publication 1912, book publication 1914), and subsequently in 25 sequels, several authorized books by other authors, and innumerable works in other media, both authorized and unauthorized.
Included in this collection:
1. Tarzan of the Apes (1912)
2. The Return of Tarzan (1913)
3. The Beasts of Tarzan (1914)
4. The Son of Tarzan (1915)
5. Tarzan and the Jewels of Opar (1916)
6. Jungle Tales of Tarzan (1916–1917)
7. Tarzan the Untamed (1919)
8. Tarzan the Terrible (1921)
9. Tarzan and the Golden Lion (1922)
10. Tarzan and the Ant Men (1924)