This audiobook helps identify anger triggers and re-programs responses so you deal with stressful situations in a more calm and controlled way. It is designed to help you:
- Think about where these angry feelings come from
- Understand that feeling angry isn’t necessarily wrong, but learn to manage your feelings safely for you and for others
- Reprogram your responses to initial triggers
- Learn to stop over-reacting and gain (self) respect
- Learn to control words and actions
- Learn ways to respond calmly and safely
- Speak to a trusted adult if you need more help
This is a gentle, relaxing recording for young people from around ten to sixteen years old who need to find a way to cope with anger without feeling overwhelmed, and calm down their behaviour. In a safe and gentle environment it helps them release angry thoughts and feelings and feel more calm and comfortable inside. Remember that your child’s improvement may show gradually over a period of a few weeks rather than overnight. Look out for and praise any small steps in improved behaviour
Research shows that when a person first acts out each positive step in their imagination, it dramatically increases the likelihood of their success in the real world. This recording contains powerful suggestions for boosting confidence and self-esteem. The language and topics used are carefully crafted to appeal to listeners of all suitable ages.
Lynda Hudson's gentle, well-modulated, English voice calms, re-assures and encourages. A clinical hypnotherapist and former teacher, Lynda has worked with many children and has helped them overcome numerous problems. Her work has been widely featured in the press and she has appeared on both TV and radio.