British literary tradition is very rich. It unites the heritage of its own classics, such as medieval and Shakespeare productions, as well as the cultural influences of the various colonies and peoples who, throughout history, have mixed into British imagination.
The critic August Nemo brings an excerpt of this rich cultural heritage through seven specially selected short stories:
- The Blue Cross by G.K. Chesterton
- The Red-Headed League by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- Quality by John Galsworthy
- A Love-Knot by W. W. Jacobs
- The Shades of Spring by D. H. Lawrence
- Kew Gardens by Virginia Woolf
- The Three Strangers by Thomas Hardy
For more books with interesting themes, be sure to check the other books in this collection!