Welcome to the book series 7 best short stories specials, selection dedicated to a special subject, featuring works by noteworthy authors. The texts were chosen based on their relevance, renown and interest. This edition is dedicated to Detective Fiction.
Detective fiction is a subgenre of crime fiction and mystery fiction in which an investigator or a detective—either professional, amateur or retired—investigates a crime, often murder. The detective genre began around the same time as speculative fiction and other genre fiction in the mid-nineteenth century and has remained extremely popular.
This book contains
- The Red-Headed League by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
- The Blue Cross by G. K. Chesterton.
- Traces of Crime by Mary Fortune.
- The Purloined Letter by Edgar Allan Poe.
- The Case of the Dixon Torpedo by Arthur Morrison.
- The Coin Of Dionysius by Ernest Bramah.
- The Crooked Man by Arthur Conan Doyle.
For more books with interesting themes, be sure to check the other books in this collection!